Thursday, September 04, 2008

I was reading Shoshana’s blog to check out her new home in progress and noticed this.. “On this day in 1957, Arkansas Governor Orville Faubus ordered the National Guard to prevent nine black students from entering Central High School in Little Rock.” Wow, I remember that. I was in elementary school and our teacher made us study current events. To us it was so foreign most of us didn’t understand it. My class was about as equally racially divided as a class could get. We were equal numbers of blacks, migrant workers and whites. I didn’t know that people weren’t all the same, and I don't think half the class did either... goes back to that song I learned in Sunday School…
Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
They are precious in His sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world.


Yep, we’ve come a long way!





Today’s photo, since someone asked… remember those sunflowers you were tired of looking at back in July? Well here is a humming bird taking a break and keeping an eye on the feeder in those same sunflowers. They are really fading now, most of the seeds have been picked out of them, and pretty soon they will be gone, like the hummers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge