Friday, September 19, 2008

I’m home again…

Home sweet home, always glad to be home! We had a great trip and a successful one too. The drive up was an experiment of how the new car handled on “hills” and I must report she did great. There was no straining to get up and over, she flew with ease over even the highest hill. And she did well in passing too, what little I did of it. (Speed limit 65, I went 68ish, everyone else thought they were out west where the speed limit was 75 or higher) The only hitch I had with the car was putting the back seat back up… it’s still down, and I have to take it in to the shop to get them to show me what I am doing wrong, or fix the problem if there is one.

We had a nice ride up, taking our time and stopping occasionally to stretch our legs and enjoy the fresh air. After Sunday’s high of 97, the breezes and cooler 70’s were a delight to us. (OH, us by the way was my friend Nancy and I, just us two SOBs) We arrived in Endicott in time for dinner which we enjoyed very much (Nicks which we will visit again next trip up) We were lucky to be able to spend the night at the Patchwork Angels Quilt Shop, what fun thing to do! Imagine waking up in the morning all alone in a quilt shop, LOL! (Not everyone gets that treatment, just us)

We had breakfast at Corbin’s, which I recommend if you are ever in Endicott at breakfast time. (Try the Red River French Toast!) Then we headed off to visit a few other favorite shops, The Goat Boy, Pucky Huddle Delight, and after some delicious ice cream at a shop I forget the name of, we ended our shopping trip at the Churn Dash. Then we headed back to Patchwork Angels to visit more (and shop too) and then dinner at another favorite of mine, Blue Dolphin.

After another night in the quilt shop, sweet dreams for sure, we visited yet another quilt shop, Sew Many Quilts. I have to say that this shop has one of the nicest displays of quilts I have ever seen in a quilt shop anywhere in my travels, mainly due to the HIGH ceilings they have. The fabric shelves are quite tall, and the quilts are hung above them with nice large easy to read labels. All quilt shops should envy them of their tall ceilings… although I certainly wouldn’t want to be the one that has to hang all those quilts! (Note to self, find out how they DO hang them next time!)

Finally the reason I went up to NY, other than all that fun I’d already had, to give a trunk show to the Broome County Quilters. What a fun group they were, and I greatly enjoyed myself. And I am pretty sure they enjoyed my trunk show too, since they were so generous with all their compliments. And I sold quite a few patterns too, raising over $250 for Relay For Life. Thanks to all of the Broome County Quilters for those donations, and thanks to Candy for getting me the booking!


Would you believe I didn't take any photos while up there, so today's photo is from a previous NY trip, the leaves were still showing summer colors and hardly a hint of fall this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge