Sunday, May 01, 2011

Almost $10,000

When I started the Sp'egg'tacular pattern sale it was not quite Easter and the team was still $300+ away from our $10,000 goal. I didn’t think I would sell $300+ in patterns, but I hoped it would bring us a little closer. With the economy the way it has been, I didn’t think we’d even come close to making that goal this year.

However like me, many quilters want to see an end to cancer and the donations have been more than generous this year. But I was sure everyone had bought all the patterns they wanted, I’d made my last quilt sale for the year and the donations were done coming in.

Then my teammate and dear dear friend Joan called to tell me her boss had made another donation and she had candy money to turn in. I told her that with her donations we would be just a few dollars short of our goal.

She called me back a little bit later and said she had put over $350 in the mail to me. We made it! Well we will as soon as the mail lady brings me those checks! We made our $10,000 goal!

But that doesn’t stop Joan, she went out and got another $300 in donations, and knowing her, she will get even more before next Friday.

And that won’t stop me either. We will keep on raising money until they find the cure and cancer becomes a thing of the past. I'm raising our goal to $11,000 to see if we can make that!

So the pattern sale goes on, and who knows, maybe one of the dollars from that sale will be the one that finds the cure!
Together we will find the cure!!
THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge