Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sewing

Something I haven’t done a lot of recently, not since before Relay. I’ve had a project on the sewing machine, and every time I looked at it I got bored. Today with renewed interest in another quilt I want to make, I forced myself to work on this project. (New rule I imposed on myself, finish one top before starting another.) So I trudged along sewing one boring block at a time. Finally the pile was done and I moved on to the next step…. ironing.

Imagine my surprise when I opened up those blocks and was wowed and amazed at the colors. My problem with the pile on the sewing machine, I was looking at the wrong side of the fabrics, and when I opened the blocks up I saw color and pattern and now I can’t wait to move on to finishing this quilt… I am going to LOVE it!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing at you Marge... or, knowing you, with you re boring colors. You really haven't been up sewing in quite a long time! I generally can remember the backside of my blocks... but not always.

    As for your finish a top before starting another? What would you do if you didn't have a ufo to take out and rant at... or talk about... you get the picture. Thanks for a laugh this morning. B.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge