Friday, May 27, 2011

Good news Bad news

Today was Doctor day and I came out with mixed results. Bad news, the stiffness and achy feeling is probably the polymyalgia rheumatica. Both blood counts went in the wrong direction. That means I am stuck on the prednisone a few more months, three at least because unless I get really bad, that’s when the Doc wants to see me again.

Good news, despite the prednisone I have lost 7 pounds. Seven whole pounds, yippee! So glad that is going in the right direction. Now if I can stick to myself imposed diet and keep away from Dairy Queen, I can keep losing.

However, I was soooooo tempted to hit DQ on the way home to celebrate the loss… my fortunately the brain kicked in, DQ will have to wait for a special occasion. Anniversary in June, DQ for dessert!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Marge. I also struggle with a chronic illness and it seems like I dread those numbers every time I go to the doctor. Hopefully, you can get off the prednisone next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marge,
    congrats on the weight loss! you can still go to dq - just get the fat free fudge bars. they are pretty good.
    tammy k. in illinois

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge