Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sewing day

When I finally made it up to the sewing room, I was inspired to make some scrappy eye spy blocks. I’m using a pattern Cindy sent me from Comfort Stitching I had the eye spy pieces and I am also using some of the scraps that came in that magical box. I made nine blocks, which I think is enough for a kids quilt. I was cutting out the sashing when company showed up.

After dinner we decided to go to a favorite place for dessert.

We always take our goodies to the beach to enjoy. While sitting there I was reading the sign, which I think is funny. Not all of it, but honestly, the majority.

No alcohol, ok… no drunks on the beach is a good thing. No jet skis… ok, no little kids getting run over by jet skis. Good thing. No dogs in the summer, good thing, no dog doo doo. However, I counted seven dogs on the beach tonight, guess they don’t know the date. No vehicles, always a good thing so no kids get run over, it’s a small beach. No boating, makes sense to me.

Now it gets good. No balls or Frisbees? Wait, this is a beach. No balls or Frisbees? That has to be a mistake. Apparently people aren’t reading the sign, there was a family playing Frisbee and another family playing catch…. AND shudder, there were a whole bunch playing volley ball over an imaginary net.

No sleeping on the beach? Heaven forbid you fall asleep and get arrested for doing so.

No fishing? I loved watching all the little kids with their fishing poles trying to catch a whale… guess they can’t do that any more.

No fires, that means no roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. Darn.

Finally, Beach party permits required. What is a party? Is that family playing Frisbee a party? The gang playing catch? Do they need a permit to play volley ball? I mean there were ten of them out there, certainly that’s a party!

And it says “Strictly Enforced by Police”. Yep, that I know for a fact is true, they hire beach cops. I want to be there when they arrest a two year old for fishing, or a baby for playing with a beach ball. And that Grandpop and Grandson tossing the ball… lock them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge