Thursday, August 11, 2011

21,300,00?

I’ve never been one to follow crowds, I avoid them as much as possible.  To me 25 is a crowd.  I’ve never been one to follow a fad either, I do my own thing.  But to find out that I am one of 21,300,00 quilters in the country did not surprise me.  I kind of thought there were more of us out there. 

Quilting is a part of life to so many of us, I’m guessing they missed a few when they counted.  They were out shopping, or at a show, or at a retreat, or too busy to answer the door when the quilt police came by to count them.   Is there a box on the census under occupation that says “Quilter”? 

If so, did many of the quilters in America just put it down as a hobby?  Quilting is much more than a hobby.  Quilting is a way of life.  A way of creating, sharing, giving, learning and so very much more.   
 

3 comments:

  1. way of life? i second that marge, hobbies come and go but quilters never stop quilting, not that i've ever heard that is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, over 21 million quilters? That is big business.

    I got a kick out of your previous post -- I often feel like a raccoon -- any shiny object distracts me, except change shiny object to quilt blog or email!

    Glad you are getting some sewing done, LOL... Cheers. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how "they" got that number? I don't recall getting a polling phone call or filling out a "what kind of an addict" are you questionnaire - so I know I wasn't counted in that number. Color me 21,300,001? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge