Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More sewing, sort of

Yes I sewed today, a whole seam.  I was squaring blocks and found a pinch I’d sewed in a seam, so had to rip it out and sew it back again.  Well… sew it without the pinch that is.  When I finished that I went back to squaring blocks again. 

Except my rotary cutter wasn’t working well… leaving way too many un-cut threads so I had to change the blade. 
 
Except when I put it back together it didn’t look right, so I came in to look on line for the correct way to reassemble a rotary cutter. 
 
There were several emails waiting to be answered, then a few dozen more to send out, then replies to those to reply to, then some accounting to be done after I got the mail, then more emails to be sent to let ladies know their checks had arrived, more email in and out. 
 
Then someone emailed to ask if I had a certain gadget I could sell her at the retreat, which meant a trip up to the sewing room… and while I was there I got to looking at my stash…. Something was calling me and of course I had to answer.  So I brought a pile of fabric back down with me.
 
Then I replied to the retreater who asked for that gadget and a few more emails that came in, and all of a sudden it is past dinner time and I haven’t had dinner, let alone finish squaring those blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge