Tuesday, August 30, 2011

OK you caught me....

A couple of “friends” said they “saw” me on Facebook over the weekend and again this morning.  Guess I got caught… 

Yes, I am back on Facebook and let me explain why.  Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is doing a build here in Lewes.  I know of the family and am extremely disappointed that my health won’t allow me to be a part of the build.  I can’t stand for more than ten minutes, and if you ever saw that show you know the volunteers stand around a LOT! 
 
I have quite a few local acquaintances who are volunteering and one of them told me that I could keep up with the build on Facebook… so I checked it and found out I could see a lot more if I signed in to Facebook.

Over the weekend I watched the local news on my lap top from upstate.  They kept referring to messages on Facebook, so I checked it to keep better track of my community during the storm.  Again, I could see more if I signed in.

I thought I quit, but guess what… quitting on Facebook is pretty much the same as logging out… when you go back everything is still there, friends, messages and all the crap that I was trying to get away from.    Yes, I have found Facebook very informative and helpful during the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition build here in Lewes and in keeping up to local news during Irene. 

Yes, I still do not like Facebook.  Some of the stupid things I read during hurricane reading were unbelievably stupid..  Like “when will Irene come to my city?”… Like that person was expecting Irene to knock on her door and say “Here I am!”  Like “How come you don’t talk about my town?”  How many thousands of little towns are on the Delmarva Peninsula and you expect them to mention every little town? 

Because I was not in my home and away from my hometown, I greatly appreciated the coverage WBOC gave on their on-line broadcast and on Facebook too.   If only you could weed out the garbage and stupidity on Facebook. 

That I could not read these things without everyone in the Facebook world knowing I was on line irks me… can’t a person lurk in private?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marge,
    Yep, FB has a lot of stupid remarks! Make sure your chat feature is turned OFF - that's the best way to not get caught.
    Hope this helps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge