Friday, August 19, 2011

WOW what a morning!

First, I had a horrible headache last night so I took a double dose of Tylenol PM.  It worked, headache gone and I slept well. 

However, what a morning I had.  I was visiting someone in a hospital somewhere when the clouds rolled in.  I said it looked like a tornado so the cloud turned into one and took away the neighboring building.  Then I looked out the window on the other side of the building and there was a funnel cloud headed towards our building.  I ducked down and when it was over my cell phone and glasses were missing.  (The rest of the building too but that wasn’t what bothered me)  I looked up and there was another funnel cloud coming and I decided I’d had enough so I woke up. 

I will tell you that I am very thankful I do not live where this is a common occurrence.  I am terrified of tornados, and know that I would never live comfortably where sirens went off all the time warning of them.  We lived in Texas in the early 70s and I spotted funnel clouds several times, but fortunately none that ever did any damage.  (One time one hit a runway at Kelly AFB but did little damage, the weather man reported it did a touch and go) 

I believe my tornado dream/nightmare this morning was due to watching the news about school starting in Joplin.  It is heartbreaking to see the damage tornados did there and elsewhere in our country this year.  I sent quilts to a military internet friend in Alabama who is living in a church hall with her four children.  Her DH is deployed and they lost everything in a tornado.  Last time I heard from her they were moving home to Washington to live with her parents, and her DH was coming home sometime this month. 

Fortunately it is a lovely day here in Delaware.  I don’t have to worry about the weather and my headache is almost gone.  Believe me I will be more careful when lowering my tailgate for now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge