Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I felt the earth move under my feet

OMG… At first I thought I was dizzy from too much quilting and then the chimes started ringing and I KNEW something was happening…  rolling feeling and my head started spinning and then it was over. 
Did I imagine it?  I called my in-laws, they didn’t answer the phone…I called John and he didn’t answer and then I called the non-emergency phone number for the county…  it didn’t answer either.  So I turned on the TV… sure enough the local news had broke into the program to say an earthquake had been felt from VA to Mass… 

Back to quilting!  Beautiful day here, windows all open, and a nice breeze.  Earthquake over so back to sewing. 
hmmmmm  and I always thought California would be the first to go.

1 comment:

  1. Marge, I felt it here in South Jersey. This is the first time I've ever felt an earthquake. Our phone service is out. It was pretty wild.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge