Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Almost retreat time!

As each retreat draws close I get more and more excited, this year even more. We cancelled the Spring Retreat due to the economy… too many of the ladies who were signed up were finding it a financial burden, and rather than have everyone go broke I cancelled it for everyone. Worked out great since I was not doing well physically myself…

So that means I have not retreated since November last year and I am more than ready for a nice quilt getaway. The October Retreat starts soon, but not soon enough for me. I have the goodies packed, and my boxes of “stuff” I have to take. I’m so ready I could throw some clothes in a suitcase and take off right now.

Sometimes I think I take too much, but as soon as I leave something home, someone at the retreat asks me if I brought it. And when I have ladies who are flying in, like in November, I have to take even more stuff… but that’s ok, that’s part of being the hostess… to provide and make sure everyone has a good time, even if it does take a lot of “stuff” to do that!

It wouldn’t be the same without everyone else, so I’ll wait. In the meantime I’m wondering how the new car will pack? It did well on our trip to Florida this summer, but we didn’t take all the retreat stuff. I will just pack it until it’s full and leave home what won’t fit… thank goodness I won’t have a passenger this time… I can take more “stuff”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge