Saturday, September 18, 2010

Interesting pink shortage

I have been working of a new mystery sample for the Mysteries For Relay group for the last few days. All of the fabrics were pulled from my stash and I liked the color combinations a lot. However, I was very afraid that one part of this mystery I was going to have to go shopping for… Step one called for scrappy fabrics, light and mediums and/or mediums and darks, contrasting fabrics to make four patches with. For the lap quilt, which is the size I usually make for my samples, calls for 64 four patches. I chose pinks and whites to make my four patches with… and almost didn’t have enough pink.

I had very little pink in my stash to begin with, and now have probably less than a fat quarter’s worth. I cut it all up into strips, then squares, and then sewed them into four patches. After it was finished and I spread out the four patches I realized I probably could have just sewn strips together, then cut them into four patches which would have saved a step, since I didn’t really have that many pinks.


I’ve got my fingers crossed that they are scrappy enough… although I’m fairly sure they will work.

Earlier today the phone rang and it was one of those automated calls asking for opinions. Because I had something else in my hand and had just pressed the speaker button, the call went on longer than normal for me… I usually hang up as soon as a recorded message starts. It said they were asking for opinions which would be shared with TV and radio new stations. “If you are over 18 press 1, under 18 press 2 and if you would like to be placed on our do not call list press 3” You better believe I pressed 3, but I almost wish there had been human on the phone for me to thank for that option. I wish the politicians would use that option on their calls. (Last week I hung up on a dozen or more politicians, LOL!)

1 comment:

  1. We are on the national Do Not Call list. That doesn't stop these idiots from calling us. When you tell them you are on the list and that they shouldn't be calling, they get nasty and hang up on you without any apology for disturbing you. What good is it doing to be on the list?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge