Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First day of fall?

We’ve had some lovely days recently, days I could open the windows and let the fresh air flow through the house. Because of my allergies, I sometimes have to close them towards the end of the afternoon when my eyes get all red and itchy and I start sneezing. But there have been a few days, too few, that the AC stayed off all day and the eyes didn’t get so bad I couldn’t stand it.

So today is the first day of fall, and the windows are closed tight and the AC is cranking away. Why… two reasons. First, they are harvesting corn somewhere, not sure where, but close enough to here that my eyes were itchy just getting the mail. Second, it is hotter than… well it’s hot enough. How hot.. right now my our door reading is 92.6 and that is in the shade. What do you want to bet we get some thunder boomers tonight?

While getting the mail, I saw this lovely on my back porch. Good spot, right in a spider’s web. He/she found an instant source of food, is this a drive through restaurant?

I’ve been sewing off and on today, I now have five blocks finished for that newest mystery. I really like it, pity I don’t have enough fabric on hand to make it larger. Maybe I will have to go shopping in October… what a pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge