Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Getting nowhere slowly

I finished all the blocks for a new mystery/pattern I am working on. I laid them out on my bed to arrange them and something didn't look right. I couldn’t put my finger on it so I decided to sew two rows together and then figure out what was wrong. They are small blocks and short rows, so that wasn’t a big deal. I laid the rows on the bed and looked, nice but not what I was going for, but why not?

I opened up Electric Quilt and the project associated with this mystery and DUH me… I’ve sewn HALF of the blocks wrong. And these aren’t blocks that can be undone which means this sample will be twice as large as I had originally planned. Or it will be once I make the correct blocks. Or it will be two small quilts, or one medium size… I am not making it gigantic because I’m not 100% sure I like it scrappy yet. I like I like the pattern, just not sure it’s meant to be so scrappy.

1 comment:

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge