Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good news and a funny

Good news first, my November Mystery quilt was delivered directly from the quilter today since she was going out in this miserable weather and since she is such a nice person… I love what she did to the quilt. I can’t show it all, but will share this corner… I’m thrilled at how it looks now, marvelous!

And now the funny… last night as we were getting ready for bed, doing all those night time duties, I realized that I had forgotten to run the dishwasher. John was getting the coffee ready and I interrupted him several times putting cups in, then soap, and finally remembering to turn it on. After we finally climbed into bed he said he’d hoped he remembered to turn the coffee pot timer on so he didn’t have to wait for the coffee in the morning. Since I was nice and since I had interrupted him while he was in his routine, I got up and turned the timer on for him. However… a few minutes later, the smell of coffee told me I’d pushed the wrong button and I jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen… too late, the pot was half full already. So since I’m not perfect at making coffee, at least not good enough for him, he got up and started over, and I stood and watched to make sure he remembered to push the timer button… he did… not the “on” button like I had done… but I could still smell the coffee and kept giggling at my mistake, till he hushed me anyway.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I have done the same thing - usually in the camper. I would get the pot ready the night before so that all I had to do in the morning was flip the switch - so as to not wake the rest of the trailer running water.
    hugs from wet CT
    Liz ~~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge