Thursday, September 02, 2010

Here comes Earl!

When you live near the coast Hurricane Watch takes on a whole new meaning. We literally watch the Weather Channel and local news and do everything we can to be ready. Right now we are waiting anxiously for the 11:00 report with hopes that Earl has moved to the east some.

Be assured, we are ready. We’ve gassed up the generator, filled the frig with easy to fix foods, filled bottles with water (for drinking and flushing) and everything else that needs to be done. Having lived near the coast most of my life, this is just another Watch day… but we are ready!

While waiting for Earl I have one ear on the Weather Channel and am ironing my Quarter of a Courthouse rows so they will neatly go together. I plan to sew today, as soon as I can get off the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge