Thursday, September 09, 2010

Today’s progress

I got up this morning and first thing went upstairs and pulled a variety of reds and blacks from my stash for this new project I’m trying to work on. After my morning coffee chat with my friend Marge I cut out enough to make four blocks. I made them, and didn’t like them. Came back in here and looked at the EQ again. The variety of blacks and reds looked OK on EQ, but I really didn’t like it in real fabric. SO… I went back upstairs and put back the blacks, and pulled one piece of black that I had enough of.

Came back down here and cut all of the black I will need. Then my body gave out, I still can’t stand very long, so I took a break to check email. Quite a few, and one answer yielded another question or comment so emails were flying back and forth.

When I was sufficiently rested and there were no more emails, I went back to cut the reds, but was detoured when the AC came on. I’d opened all the windows this morning since it was so nice out, but the AC coming on signaled to me it was time to close them. So I went around closing windows… and while on the back porch noticed two of my violets need repotting. So I did that, but what to put them on since the new larger pots didn’t fit the tray I had them on (to keep the wet off my sideboard)

So after going through my pot dishes, and not finding what I needed, I decided to just use my good china. My “good” china is oven to table ware, and I haven’t used it in years, so why not put it to good use… the violets look lovely in their new pots on their new china tray, at least I think they do. So good, that the other violets and a few other plants looked sort of pathetic. SO… I changed their trays too.

Well all that running around back and forth wore me out again and here I am again. So much for progress, but my plants look happy.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive African Violets. I've killed off more than I can admit to. Now, Christmas Cactus I do well with! B.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge