Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall already

The weather lately has just been wonderful and it most certainly has the feeling of fall. The nights are chilly and the days, well most of them, are not so hot you can’t leave the windows open most of the day. My problem with leaving the windows open is my allergies, as long as there is still corn being harvested within a mile of my house, I can’t leave the windows open all the time. I’d love to leave them open at night, but if I did I’d wake up with red eyes and a drippy nose.

One sure sign of fall are these lovely fragrant flowers. They grow wild around here and one year I yanked some from the side of the road and planted them along the fence. I wanted them to trail along the fence, which they have done some, but they decided to also climb up on the deck. For the last few years I’m pulled them off the deck, but this year decided to let them go…. I’m happy I did, they are beautiful and I can see them from my seat in the living room, from the sink as I do dishes and easily from the back porch.

Now that I’ve fully recovered from my errands and have had lunch, I think I will go cut some more… still working on those reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge