Friday, September 17, 2010

Facebook

I’m getting a little tired of facebook… everywhere you look someone is asking you to be their fan or their friend or to subscribe or enroll… and the junk mail is horrible. I keep getting email from someone who is an in-person local long time friend which really disturbs me. I’ve known this lady since our kids were in band together and my husband works with her. She was slow to the internet, but once she caught on she was up to date and on top of everything… until she joined facebook. Within a week of “becoming her friend” on facebook I started getting messages from her to look at her.. I’ll be polite… to look at her butt. Well I don’t want to look at her butt, and I know darn well those emails don’t come from her.

Then I started getting the same message or similar messages from other facebook friends. Friends would send me a message to look at the special page they’d set up… I know these people don’t “set up special pages” so I didn’t look.

I put myself on no email from facebook… but it kept on coming. Most recently I got a facebook message from a staff partner asking me to look at her “special page” I went into facebook and checked my settings.. I am still no email from there.

I’d quit, but I need to be able to help other Relayers sign up for the ACS ap.. which is the ONLY ap I use and I only use it because I have to as a part of my job. Besides, I don’t think quitting would stop the junk mail.

Recently while watching the news I heard them say to check out their facebook page… wonder if they have one of those “special pages” too… I don’t know, and I won’t ever find out…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge