Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stash report

One of my friends mentioned she was working on her stash report for the month of September. I laughed because I knew she'd been to Lancaster and hadn't sewn much at all all month. Then I got to thinking… I really did pretty well in September, much better than the months and even year before.

I started off the month finishing my Quarter of a Courthouse, now at the quilters waiting it’s turn on the machine. I didn’t buy a thing for that, and used up a big chunk of a bolt for the backing and eventually the binding too.

I did purchase three yards or was it 4 1/2 for a project, but when it arrived I realized the print was too large for the project I wanted it for, so it was just added to the stash… but I’m sure that didn’t equal what I used for the backing above.

A friend “gave” me some fabric but it’s not for me, but for a quilt she wants me to make for her, so I’m not counting that. Plus I get to add some of my scraps to it so it will eventually use up fabric when I get around to it.

I made the red and black mystery completely from stash including the backing. And I used up a bit of stash with the booboo blocks, which some day will become a charity quilt.

I sent a whole box of fabric and more goodies off to IBOL, made me feel good to send it where it would be so appreciated and to get rid of some stash too.

I pulled more fabrics and cut them up for Aunt Peggy’s Quilt, which I am still working on.

So I bought some, but used up much more. Yep… September was a good month for me!

1 comment:

  1. You are one of my recipients of the "Sunshine Award". You can check out my blog on Wed 9-27 to read more about it! Thanks for being so great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge