Monday, December 13, 2010

Startling surprise

I’m not real sure how to title this, but I know some of my so called friends will get a chuckle from what just happened to me. I am easily startled, which comes from enjoying peace and quiet to the extent that I have nothing on all day long… no radio, no TV, nothing. Well… when the phone rings I about jump out of my skin. Some of my “retreat friends” thought this was comical and got their jollies by calling my cell phone at retreats just to see me jump. I fixed that this year, by keeping the phone in my pocket and having it on vibrate… it started out slowly and didn’t startle me the way the loud ring did.

Yes I jump at home when the phone rings too, if I am deep into something. I solved that by having the phone which next to me not ring… the ringing is on the first floor and also doesn’t startle me.

Well today it’s a little chilly up here so I got out the electric heater and plugged it in. It ran and ran and warmed up my corner then shut itself off. Yep.. you know what happened when it came back on… if I had fingernails someone would have had to peel me off the ceiling.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! Maybe I shouldn't laugh --- but I can't help it :-D Thanks for sharing, I keep chuckling.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge