Wednesday, December 01, 2010

What did I get done today?

Considering that I’ve been up and down the stairs a billion and one times, I got a lot done. Well ok maybe not quite a billion but it seems like it. John stayed home for a bit this morning to supervise the plumber, who I am sure really appreciated him being there… not. However I am just a woman and I can not remember all the things I am supposed to tell him so John had to do it. I won’t mention that as the plumber was crawling out from under our house for what he thought was the last time I had to remind John to have him check the laundry area..

Once the plumber was gone and John went to work I had a comedy of light bulbs. I have a small lamp on a timer and that bulb was out. I keep a low watt bulb in there so went downstairs to get one and then back upstairs to put it in. Easy enough, except I only had 40 and what was in there was 25 so I’m not sure if it will be too hot or not. So I checked the other lamps in here, and none of them was 25 so I left everything the way it was.

Except when I turned on the light over the desk/sewing area the bulb went out. So back downstairs for another one and I was smart and brought back one of those new ones that last for years… except this lamp has a clip on shade and for the life of me I could not get it to work on that funny squiggly bulb. So back downstairs for a good old fashioned light bulb which worked. But that got me thinking, could I use the new energy saver squiggly bulb anywhere else in here? After checking all the lamps I discovered that the only two that are not squiggly energy savers are the two that burnt out… interesting isn’t it!

And once I got to sewing I had to spend time with Jack the Ripper, see previous post. And now it is quitting time and I can say that I have checked all the lights in the room and made a total of nine blocks. I won’t tell you that I had five done when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge