Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Be afraid, be very afraid…

I am… I once said I would never use jelly rolls because you can’t prewash them.  And then I made not one, not two, but three quilts (so far) using jelly rolls. 

When we were up in Lancaster on Monday I bought red wide backing for two of those jelly roll quilts.  Red and black quilts… two colors that are known for their bleeding.  I’m a glutton for punishment I guess. 

Today I added some of the backing as borders on both red and black quilts and I cut the backings to size in preparation for the quilter.  I took the leftover wide red backing and threw it in the washer, because I ALWAYS until now, prewash. 
 
When I washer was almost finished filling I looked in and this is what I saw.

I think I will buy stock in Shout® Color Catcher® before I wash these two quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge