Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Be afraid, be very afraid…

I am… I once said I would never use jelly rolls because you can’t prewash them.  And then I made not one, not two, but three quilts (so far) using jelly rolls. 

When we were up in Lancaster on Monday I bought red wide backing for two of those jelly roll quilts.  Red and black quilts… two colors that are known for their bleeding.  I’m a glutton for punishment I guess. 

Today I added some of the backing as borders on both red and black quilts and I cut the backings to size in preparation for the quilter.  I took the leftover wide red backing and threw it in the washer, because I ALWAYS until now, prewash. 
 
When I washer was almost finished filling I looked in and this is what I saw.

I think I will buy stock in Shout® Color Catcher® before I wash these two quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge