Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm a stripper

I was blog hopping while I ate my lunch today and I found at least a dozen blogs reporting on stripping.  I guess it’s the thing right now, and would you believe that … I’m stripping too. 

I swore to a bunch of people I would never use pre-cut strips, they are against my quilting rules.  I can’t prewash and I can not guarantee their accuracy.  After making two quilts using pre-cut strips I will stick to those rules, but I will use pre-cut strips again. Maybe… 

I have four projects for the fall retreats, all four use pre-cut strips.  The first one I said I would not make… I might.  The second one I have made a sample, although it’s not quite finished yet, waiting for more fabric to come in the mail.  The third one I just finished the center for, and I love it.  It is not 100% perfect, but neither am I, so I’m very happy with it. 

And the fourth one I have made three samples of but not one used pre-cut strips, I cut my own.  I guess I should try it using pre-cuts, but I already made three quilts using that pattern… do I really need a fourth? 

I will share photos eventually, but have to keep this all a secret until after the next Mystery For Relay, July 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge