Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Say what?

One of the ladies attending one of the fall retreats this year sent me an email last night sometime.  In it she said “I cannot participated in your planned class for the retreat, I hope that is OK.”  That makes it clear to any other retreater that she is new at retreating.  Many ladies do not participate in the classes, they just do their own things.  Classes are optional, so is sewing, you may do what you want at a retreat as long as you don’t disturb those who do want to sew.  

But the rest of her email went like this.  “The reason I can’t participate is because I have another project under way.  I cannot start  a new project until this one is completely finished.  I cannot purchase fabrics for a new project until I have finished what I started” 

I can’t wait to meet this lady and out if she is serious or just pulling my leg. 

2 comments:

  1. Suzie8:00 PM

    I remember when I owned a quilt shop and we introduced a new girl to quilting. She was very disciplined when she began, and finished every project before she started another one. She said 'I'll ALWAYS finish what I start before I begin something new'. We joked that 'time will tell, time will tell'. Now two or three years on she is as hopeless as the rest of us at starting new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge