Monday, June 25, 2012

Weather report

Last night we, or I should say John, planted ten new plants in the ground, despite the heat.  We did it last night because we were supposed to get some needed rain today. 

When I woke up the sun was shining and there was hardly a cloud in the sky… at least the sky I could see.  However about quarter after nine I could hear thunder in the distance and it got closer and closer and the wind picked up… and then the sun came out again… not one drop of rain. 

Two hours later, same thing… thunder in the distance… sun disappears, wind picks up… severe thunder storm warning on TV and radio…  and again, nothing. 

12:20 more thunder, this coming from the other direction.  This thunder was shaking the house, so I had to go out and see what I could see. 







Amazing clouds. 













And they actually produced some rain.  It rained real hard…. for all of five minutes. 


2:15 the sun disappears again and the wind picks up…  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that sooner or later one of these thunderstorms gives us some promised rain.  I don’t want to go out and water tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge