Monday, June 25, 2012

Today's Sewing!

I had a humongous project to tackle today, probably the largest thing I’ve ever done quilt wise.  110 inches square.  First I had to prewash, because I always (normally) prewash.  After washing comes drying and after drying comes wrinkles.  So I had to iron… nine yards of fabric.  I worked up a good sweat with all the tugging and pulling and steam.  Then two simple seams, each 110 inches long… only one was slightly longer, uh oh, maybe I didn’t measure right? 

Then I had to iron those seams… that worked up another good sweat but now it’s all done.  Well all but the folding… I need to fold it neatly to get it to the quilter.  And that will have to wait till John gets home from work.  My arms are long enough or strong enough to do that job by myself, and I’ve pretty much worn them and myself out just making that backing.

I can’t wait to see this one quilted!  Right now I need to get a shower, then I need to decide on my next project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge