Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Taking a break

I’ve been busy since I got out of bed this morning, barely taking long enough to have a cup of coffee.  Why?  Because it’s cool, that’s why!  It’s June, I checked the calendar, but it feels like spring should have, comfortably cool with very low humidity, very unusual for around here in June.  I have every window in the house open, also unusual for me, allergies usually bother me too much to let the outside in.  But today it’s all open and breezy and honestly pure delight.

I’m working on organizing the upstairs.  All the shelving units are moved into the storage room.  All three are fully loaded with fabrics, which are more neatly organized then they have been in ages.  I have a stack of plastic totes in the old sewing room which are older fabrics that have to be moved into the storage room, but they have to wait until Jonathon comes and finishes cleaning out his “stuff”.   He has as much “stuff” as I do fabric, but I know when he sorts his he’ll toss a lot more than I did. 

So far I’ve tossed three small pieces of fabric.  I really don’t know where they came from, but they were not worth saving.  One was orange and had rust streaks in it.  At first I thought it was a print, but when I picked it up a tin can lid fell out… like I said, I had no idea where it came from.  The other two pieces are stiff, like they have a wax coating, all three and the tin can lid went in the recycling. 

I’ll share some photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge