Tuesday, June 22, 2010

About the car…

It’s not too complicated, I had a very nice 2008 Ford Taurus X which the dealer called a crossover vehicle. I called it a station wagon which was exactly what it was, and I didn’t need that big car any more. I figured, I go on three maybe four trips a year, and with the new location for the retreats don’t need to haul as much as I used to, so why drive around that big car all the time? I’d been thinking this for months.

The other day I was sitting at a red light and there were two huge vehicles on either side of me, I thought they were Expeditions but when they pulled away from me when the light changed I realized they were just Explorers and I really felt short next to them. I missed the height of the Explorer, but …

Then I thought about the Escape, but would it haul what I needed when I needed to haul? Would it have the features I wanted, namely 4WD and tinted windows and a key pad? (I’m famous for locking my keys in my car) So I went car shopping on the internet and found out everything I wanted to know and more. This morning I called my local dealer and told him what I wanted, he had one. We bargained and I got what I wanted for the price I wanted, and I’m happy.

Funny, I sat in the car in my garage for ten minutes trying to put CDs in the CD changer. When the heat got to me, I gave up and came in. After work Mike came to check my new wheels out and I asked him to show me how to load the CD changer. Hmmm… it’s not a CD changer, it’s just a single CD… DUH me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge