Saturday, June 19, 2010

FYI Replies to comments and emails

About my recent quilting. Yes that is a dime sitting on that block, almost completely covering it. Yes, that is a mini for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative Special Challenge. I’ve made four mini tops so far. That one is by far my favorite so far, a mini Boston Commons, made from one inch strips.

Yes it feels wonderful to be sewing again. My knees don't bother me as much these days, just the occasional twinge now and then. I am keeping up the PT here at home and find my mobility improving every day. I really do wonder if this other issue, polymyalgia rheumatica, was the cause of the lingering issues with my knee after the surgery. Oh I know that is wishful thinking, as the knee Doctor reminded me as I left the office the other day, the knees are almost bone on bone, and I will eventually need replacement, but for now I am doing great, and back into sewing again, so all is well there.

No, I did not get a bad lobster, thanks to the half dozen of you who emailed me about that. My lobster was just fine, the problem is me. Well not me so much, but the medicine I am taking. One of the side effects of prednisone is indigestion and I have it bad. I burp everything that goes in my tummy. It really makes you think about what you eat when you know you will be tasting it for hours after you eat it. The lobster was perfect and had a wonderful taste. So did the muscles. However, combined, burping, not so good.

About pedicures.. Interestingly I had the same amount of pro-pedicures and con-pedicures emails and comments. One new reader emailed me about the luxury of getting one’s feet massaged, how glorious it feels, etc. Another long time reader said she had gotten pedicures for years and I didn’t know what I was missing. I will stick to what I originally said, no pedicures for me. And I am a little ticklish but that has nothing to do with the matter, I just don’t like anyone touching my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge