Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Overwhelming?

Is your stash overwhelming to you? While blog hopping today I saw quite a few people who said their stashes were becoming or already was overwhelming and uncontrolled. One notable designer, Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville fame has a photo of what I am sure is just some of her stash on her blog today, http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-another-day.html I have loved Bonnie’s designs for years now and with her permission include several of her patterns as a part of my Scrappy Happy Quilt Retreats. It was fun for me to see her scrap bin…


So I trekked up the stairs (easier now thank goodness) and took a serious look at mine.
Yes, I have more than I can use in two lifetimes.
Yes I am not sewing near as much as I have in years past due to health issues.
Yes I will never use it all. Yes, I am giving it away…some of it.
Yes I might sell some of it on eBay, some of the “collectables” namely the very early Aunt Graces I treasure so much.
Yes I will be sending some of it to a friend who is making quilts for Children’s Hospital, and some more to another friend who is making QOV.
Yes I will be taking my scrap bin (or that might be bins?) to the October Retreat for the ladies to use as needed in their Scrappy Happy Quilts and if I am in the mood I might just make another Scrappy Happy Quilt myself… I have an idea and I KNOW I have the scraps!

But honestly, it’s not that bad. My stash is neat, somewhat controlled and usable for darn sure. Now if I could just get past all the things that are keeping me from getting to it.. these shakes, the sleepless nights followed by groggy grumpy not good sewing days… I will sew and I will sew soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge