Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another reason I Relay

I found this email in my “junk” this afternoon, so glad I checked it carefully before emptying it. This is why I Relay, and why I will keep on Relaying until we don’t need Relay any more.

Thanks for writing Gail. Keep up the fight and keep on quilting too.



I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I thought my world was over but it looks like I have a lot of world left in me, treatments have been made and I am now officially a cancer survivor. I have scars where I used to have breasts, but in a few months that will be taken care of and I will be a whole albeit slightly altered woman again.

In my time down and it was way down I was thinking about giving away all my quilting stuff since I wouldn’t be needing it anymore and somehow or other I ended up on your blog and then web site. I noticed you were involved with Relay for Life and read what you had to say about it, visited your web pages and wondered if there was such a thing near me.

Your link to the ACS site answered that question and next thing I knew I was signing up for some event about 30 miles away. I asked at it at the Cancer Center and they gave me an invite. I had no idea what it was, but I was going to go, because of your involvement and apparent enjoyment with it.

I went, I saw, I listened, I walked. I cried too, a lot. I am not the only woman with no boobs and I never lost a hair, unlike some of the ladies I met that night. I am alive, unlike some of the people who were memoried on the luminary bags I saw. I am alive, I am healthy again and I am thankful for it all.

Thank you for being so vocal about your cause and count on me to help you out again next year. And I might just join the team or even start my own team here. I will keep you in the loop.
Gail

1 comment:

  1. What a courageous lady Gail is. Best wishes to her. Marge, how wonderful that she wrote you. You do deserve a BIG pat on the back for inspiring this lady to her own next step. Thank you Marge and Gail.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge