Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pedicure?

Pedicures have come up so many times in the last 24 hours that I have to write about them today. According to Wikipedia “A pedicure is a way to improve the appearance of the feet and their nails. It provides a similar service to a manicure.” Yesterday my sister and lovely daughter were here visiting, with fresh pedicures, today three people have blogged about them, and two friends have mentioned in emails they were getting pedicures today.

OK, let me confess, I hate nails. To me they are a hazard and I wish I didn’t have any finger nails or toe nails. I scratch in my sleep, have most of my life, and to keep from looking like I’ve been in a cat fight I keep my nails trimmed as close to nothing as possible. Over the years I have trimmed some of my toe nails so short that they are barely there, I wish I could get rid of all of them.

I don’t like people touching my feet, never have, it grosses me out. To me to sit in a chair and have someone playing with my feet for hours would be pure torture. I could never and will never do it.

Nail polish? Another thing I can’t stand. The few times I’ve had nail polish on my fingers it has felt so weird and odd to my body that it didn’t stay on more than an hour or so. I remember one time I did my fingers up nicely for some military event and on the way to the event, in full fancy dress, stopped at a drug store to get nail polish remover to get rid of it.

So I’m weird, but I’m me. (Am I the only female like this?) You go out and spend all that money getting your pedicures and manicures and enjoy it. I’ll pass.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marge, I thought that I was alone. I hate to have my feet touched by anyone. I have a problem touching them myself. I haven't ever had a pedicure and don't plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never plan on having a pedicure either.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge