Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shaky

No, we’re not having an earthquake, it’s the medicine. Prednisone and I just aren’t getting along and sometimes I wonder which was worse, the pain or the side effects. I’ve conquered some of the side effects or my body has gotten used to the prednisone and I don’t have them anymore, as the nurse promised me when this all started. The indigestion is pretty much a thing of the past although occasionally coming back as a reminder. I am being careful what I eat, and trying not to get the hungries. But when I wake up in the morning I’m never quite sure if the feeling in my stomach is hunger or indigestion… as long as I can convince myself it’s indigestion I guess I won’t gain any weight… right?

That I am waking up in the morning is another side effect conquered, sleeplessness. I found if I take one Tylenol PM about 8-9 at night I can go to sleep at my normal 10-10:30ish and stay asleep until it is time to get up in the morning. Well most nights anyway… there were a few very early, pre-sun even, mornings last week, but I’m getting better. At least I don’t feel tired all the time anymore.

But these shakes.. not much I can do when I am quivering like I am. No cutting, no sewing, and no typing either. (Thank goodness for spell checker) Today I’ve been working on a new mystery/pattern and found that even spell checker couldn’t read what I was typing, so I decided to take a break… and here I am typing this instead.

I’m excited about this new pattern, inspired by a photo I saw while blog hopping. And it’s not a photo of a quilt either, but that’s all I can say about it for now. Another one I have to make for myself… I think I’ll make a wall hanging first. It’s gorgeous and I can’t wait to get at it… as soon as the shakes pass.

1 comment:

  1. Is there something they can give you to stop the shakes? When I was on medication to stop my pre-term labor it had me so shaky I couldn't see straight. With the next baby and second round of pre-term labor, I complained about the way the medication made me feel and they prescribed a second medicaion that stopped the shaking.

    Not that I'm a fan of more medication than I actually need, but being able to actually read a book or do some basic knitting kept me sane.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge