Saturday, June 05, 2010

No power again

About 2 AM last night we lost power. I know that is the time because the fan went off in the bedroom which woke me up. No problem, not that hot in here, so I turned over and went back to sleep. Woke up a few hours later, room certainly warmer but still not too bad, and I had to “go”. When you live in the country and don’t have power, “going” is a little complicated. You have to flush with a bucket of water and at 4:30 AM I didn’t have a bucket to flush with. Used what was in the tank and told myself to go get a bottle from the garage before climbing back to bed… I didn’t.

John was up at 6:30 for a scheduled work trip to the lighthouses. However, still no power. He was thinking of going, but I asked please don’t unless power comes back on. Although I may not have said it quite as nicely, since I was half asleep and uncomfortable from the warm air now taking over the house.

I went back to bed, tossing and turning and finally gave up when I heard the generator come on. I knew that the first thing he would plug in would be the coffee pot, and I was right. So I sat down to wait for the coffee to finish brewing and guess what… power came back on.

Sadly John missed the lighthouse trip, so I know he will be grouchy all day… wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge