Monday, January 04, 2010

(Almost) prefect binding

A friend sent me this link to look at because she says “it’s almost the way you do it” Well yes, almost, and I do think I will try this technique out for myself.

But let me tell you the differences in my techniques and Julie’s… then you will know how I do it.
Sorry, no photos, my rulers bindings and everything else is upstairs, and I’m still not climbing them.

Photo one I agree with

Photo two, never did this but I will try it… as it seemed to work nicely for Julie as you will see in the end.

Photo three, iron seams open… well this is one of those pre-wash or not arguments which I won’t get into. But I never press my seams open.

Photo four, iron binding in half… I never do this either, not real sure why you have to. I press binding after I sew it on by machine and before sewing down by hand.

Photo five, nice pile? No such thing as a nice pile, LOL! I usually (ok sometimes) depending on how long a binding it is, fold it neatly accordion style and use a clip to secure it.

Next photo, 8” tail, yes and no. I usually leave at least 12 inches, give or take.

Photos seven to ten, yes, this is exactly how I do it.

From here on I differ with her, but pretty much do the same technique. I pin my binding rather than mark with pencil, and I sew and then cut, that way if I didn’t pin enough I still have it on there to fix.

And yes, I will try this, and see which one works easier AND which one is easier for people to remember. I KNOW I’ve shown some people my technique 100 times, including the person who sent me this link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge