Saturday, January 02, 2010

It had to have been the moon

Last night kitty was wild, horrible, so ornery and bad

It started about 4AM, he was scratching on John’s closet door. What he wanted in there I have no idea, but his scratching woke me, and John too. I got up and talked to kitty and he talked back… I went to the bathroom since I was up anyway, to find a full roll of toilet paper unrolled mysteriously on the floor. Mufasa had hidden away like he knew he was going to be scolded so I went back to bed

Or so I thought. At 4:15 he wanted in MY closet, and when I tossed something at him, he moved back to John’s closet again, and from there to the laundry room closet doors in the hallway. I got up and chased him away, and went back to bed again

Until 4:30 when the door scratching started all over again. And again at 4:45 and again at 5:00 too when I got up again to see if I could figure out what his problem was. What I found was the curtain in the office had been pulled down, and the blinds were strangely crooked. So I raised the blinds and looked at, beautiful moon was sliding lower in the sky, almost behind the neighbor’s house. Mufasa watched it with me, and when I asked what was wrong, he strangely howled… he is a cat so I don’t think he was howling at the moon… but

I was up again 15 minutes later when something crashed in the office. I have no idea what it was, but Mufasa was nowhere to be found, so back under the covers until 5:30 when the door scratching started all over again. Now I was getting angry and he knew it and seemed to disappear every time I got out of bed. At 6 I got John up too, and he caught him, and we put him in his traveling kennel. I expected him to howl but he didn’t. He complained quietly a few times, scratched at the door, and then either he fell asleep or I did, and I woke up without any help at all at 8:30.

I had worried through all of this that Jonathon and Steph who were sleeping in the living room were hearing it all. However they were worn out from NYE’s celebrating and they didn’t hear a thing. By time they and John were up all evidence of the previous night’s antics were fixed… except John’s wallet had strangely disappeared. Yes, Mufasa again. Apparently one of the noises I heard in the night was John’s wallet being tossed around. John is pretty sure he left it on its usual resting space in the kitchen, but somehow it ended up under our bed.

And the first thing I did on line this morning was send Mike and Kelly a text message telling them that Mufasa had worn out his welcome and was ready to go home. They picked him up this afternoon.

Know what… I’ll miss him, but not tonight!

PS according to Wikipedia "A blue moon is a full moon that is not timed to the regular monthly pattern. Most years have twelve full moons which occur approximately monthly, but in addition to those twelve full lunar cycles, each solar calendar year contains an excess of roughly eleven days compared to the lunar year. The extra days accumulate, so every two or three years (7 times in the 19-year Metonic cycle), there is an extra full moon. The extra moon is called a "blue moon." Different definitions place the "extra" moon at different times."

1 comment:

  1. Now there's another reason we are dog people, lol, they don't pull those night time stunts-my friend S has a cat does similar stuff I don't have patience for it!I think if that were me, Kitty would have been in his crate from the start!
    happy new Year!


Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,