Saturday, August 28, 2010

I should know better

Yep, you would think by now I should know better than to state what my plans are. You know that say, “The best laid plans..” Ok, that doesn’t quite fit here but you get my point. Today I planned to work on Quarter of a Courthouse and today I didn’t even touch it.

Let me explain why… when I went in the office/temporary sewing room I found the blocks were buried under a stack of white-on-white fabrics, all pre-washed and ready to be cut into fat quarters for the fall retreat. So before I could get to the blocks, something had to be done with those w-o-ws. That was achieved, but it took much longer than I anticipated. Now I have a nice collection of w-o-ws to sell to the retreat ladies for their scrappy happy quilts (to benefit RFL of course).

However all the standing really wore me out so I decided to read a bit. I’ve been reading The Quilter’s Homecoming, and it was getting really good, so good I couldn’t put it down… Well it’s done now, and finished, and it’s dinner time and those plans went awry for sure.

If you haven’t read The Quilter’s Homecoming by Jennifer Chiaverini yet, I highly recommend it. I think it is my favorite one so far. I enjoyed it tremendously, and am almost sorry it is finished. I might just read it again…. But I have other books to read, and quilts to make too!

1 comment:

  1. I have read all her books and loved them all. I couldn't even pick a favorite although I am leaning toward the newest one. The Aloha Quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge