Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sew now what?

I accomplished something, although nowhere near my goal… I made 12 miniatures and received many more from some truly wonderful internet friends and am sending big box off to AAQI. I have more in the works, but I need to do something different, a big quilt, and perhaps a UFO…

I have enough UFOs to pick from, 50 to be exact, although three of them I consider WIPs rather than UFOs. I’ve done what I can on them and am waiting for the quilter and as soon as she works her magic on them I will put bindings on and they will be done.

I know what I need to work on, maybe get it finished and on my bed by winter… Quarter of a Courthouse. I started it in April 09 and have worked on it off and on, mostly off since I wasn’t able to properly sew for nine months. I know I have a baggie of finished blocks, still in my rolling tote since the November Retreat last year. I know there is a pile of blocks sitting on the cutting table waiting to be squared. And there is another pile of quarter cuts/waiting to be sewn together on the sewing table. All I have to do is sew them all together, square all that need squaring and sew them into rows and then a quilt… that’s all…

What? When I look at that photo, the finished blocks laid out on my bed, they almost cover the bed… so why am I making more blocks, so many more that they will probably cover the bed a second time? Me thinks me better lay those blocks out again and figure out where I am going with this one, LOL!

I think that is what I will work on… wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Marge -- your blocks look great. I really like the colors and prints together. Did you purposely choose fabrics that went well together or just grabbed them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge