Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sew now what?

I accomplished something, although nowhere near my goal… I made 12 miniatures and received many more from some truly wonderful internet friends and am sending big box off to AAQI. I have more in the works, but I need to do something different, a big quilt, and perhaps a UFO…

I have enough UFOs to pick from, 50 to be exact, although three of them I consider WIPs rather than UFOs. I’ve done what I can on them and am waiting for the quilter and as soon as she works her magic on them I will put bindings on and they will be done.

I know what I need to work on, maybe get it finished and on my bed by winter… Quarter of a Courthouse. I started it in April 09 and have worked on it off and on, mostly off since I wasn’t able to properly sew for nine months. I know I have a baggie of finished blocks, still in my rolling tote since the November Retreat last year. I know there is a pile of blocks sitting on the cutting table waiting to be squared. And there is another pile of quarter cuts/waiting to be sewn together on the sewing table. All I have to do is sew them all together, square all that need squaring and sew them into rows and then a quilt… that’s all…

What? When I look at that photo, the finished blocks laid out on my bed, they almost cover the bed… so why am I making more blocks, so many more that they will probably cover the bed a second time? Me thinks me better lay those blocks out again and figure out where I am going with this one, LOL!

I think that is what I will work on… wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Marge -- your blocks look great. I really like the colors and prints together. Did you purposely choose fabrics that went well together or just grabbed them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge