Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Mini update

The mini count jumped yesterday! I finished my churn dash and five BEAUTIFUL minis arrived in the mail (THANK you Barbara!) My plan is make another one today, and if things go well, I might just make two. I found that if I do one block at a time the cutting, pressing, sewing etc goes smoother for me now… unlike making many pieces at a time as I used to do. One adjusts as needed for success.

This morning I was wide awake after John went to work, so I went out while it was still cool and ran my most dreaded errand… shopping at Wal-Mart. We had a list of things we needed from there so I went and got it over with. Funny… I never have liked Wal-Mart because of the way they moved in town and put several smaller family businesses out of business. I still don’t like them for that reason, but I know they usually have what I want in certain departments. Today I didn’t find several items I KNOW I have purchased there before, so I asked a clerk where I could find what I was looking for. She said they aren’t carrying them anymore… SO… they put the local family small business out of business and now don’t carry those items…. I was tempted to just leave my almost full cart there and walk out, but I hate shopping… I am writing a letter to HQ and telling them a thing or two, that’s for darn sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge