Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Mini update

The mini count jumped yesterday! I finished my churn dash and five BEAUTIFUL minis arrived in the mail (THANK you Barbara!) My plan is make another one today, and if things go well, I might just make two. I found that if I do one block at a time the cutting, pressing, sewing etc goes smoother for me now… unlike making many pieces at a time as I used to do. One adjusts as needed for success.

This morning I was wide awake after John went to work, so I went out while it was still cool and ran my most dreaded errand… shopping at Wal-Mart. We had a list of things we needed from there so I went and got it over with. Funny… I never have liked Wal-Mart because of the way they moved in town and put several smaller family businesses out of business. I still don’t like them for that reason, but I know they usually have what I want in certain departments. Today I didn’t find several items I KNOW I have purchased there before, so I asked a clerk where I could find what I was looking for. She said they aren’t carrying them anymore… SO… they put the local family small business out of business and now don’t carry those items…. I was tempted to just leave my almost full cart there and walk out, but I hate shopping… I am writing a letter to HQ and telling them a thing or two, that’s for darn sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge