Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vacation in photos, just a few

If you read me or follow me you know we just got home from a conference/vacation in hot Florida. I thought I'd share a few photos showing some of the trip. It was a wet one for sure.
The first photo shows the start of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel which is always a highlight of our trips north and south. I love the scenery always and this day was no exception.
We actually had a nice sunny day on day one, until we crossed the NC/SC line, and the weather went down hill from there.
This is day two, somewhere on I95 south of Jacksonville Florida... rain.
Day three more rain, the view looking due east from my 7th floor hotel room.
Day four rain again, this is the view looking northwest.











Same view, following evening, yep more rain.
But we didn't have rain ALL the time, this is day five, and you can see the ground is wet, but the sky beautiful. It rained twice while we were at Epcot, and both times we happened to be inside, so we didn't get rained on.




Of course we were at Epcot mainly for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The sky looked semi threatening, but IllumiNations went off rain free!



















Day six, headed home. Here we are leaving Georgia and you can see the clouds. We had a few showers, but nothing bothersome. Thank goodness. And here we are back on the Bay Bridge-Tunnel and look who we happened to find but Mike and Kelly. Actually we knew they were heading south for their vacation as we were heading home from ours so we sort of arranged to meet. Thanks to traffic we didn't have to wait long to enjoy some time with them before they headed to the Outer Banks
The best part of the trip, meeting Mike and Kelly and coming home... there's no place like home.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Sometimes rain makes for really nice photos. I especially like the fireworks over water shot! Actually, there might be a quilt in there...

    Thanks for sharing - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, I just found you on my friend Heather's blog.
    You must be the one who quilted Jake's quilt.
    I have just started the quilting journey and I am excited about it. It's something I have wanted to do for a very long time.
    You have some lovely quilts. I am looking forward to doing some really great keepsakes, someday.
    Thanks, for sharing your vacation. I plan to visit your site again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, No way to reply to you, so hopefully you will see this. No I am not the one who make Jake's quilt, I was unable to sew when Heather asked me to do it.

    Welcome to the quilting world, hope you enjoy it. And if you have any questions, please ask!
    Marge

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge