Sunday, August 01, 2010

July Stash report

WOW… amazing.. I not only USED fabric in July, I also bought some! I’m not sure which I am prouder of!

On the using…. I sent four boxes of fabrics to donors. Also one small box went to a friend who makes quilts for children in Children’s Hospital and another one to a friend who is making QOV. I don’t measure what I put in the boxes, I just stuff it in there until it’s full. A guesstimate is that a medium priority box holds about 32 yards…

I also used about five yards of fabric in my November mystery project, 3 1/2 yards in the Super Duper Easy and 3 yards on my Any Size You Want. I also used about 2 yards of fabrics on my bass-ackwards blocks. And I used up what some people would call worthless scraps on a few miniatures for the AAQI.

BUT… I also bought fabric, added to my stash, LOL! I bought four yards of backing fabric for the November Mystery (couldn’t decide which color so bought extra) and 2 1/2 yards of navy for the Super Duper Easy (bought extra incase I needed it and I just might use that for the backing). Truthfully I ordered five yards, but the second color I ordered was backordered so I cancelled it. (That should count as a use, LOL!) AND I bought a baggie of white-on-white scraps, great ones already used and some 5 inch charms which I haven’t used yet.

AND… I haven’t confessed this one yet… I bought 32 yards of white-on-whites. No I am not hanging my head in shame, I am quite pleased with that purchase. I love having a variety of w-o-w in my scrappy quilts and I had used up a lot of my inventory this month. So I looked at a favorite seller on eBay and sure enough he had white-on-whites up for sale. I will re-sell some to the ladies at the October Retreat who need w-o-ws and the rest will go in my stash.

If I had to guess, I would say I used/gave away more than I bought. Regardless, I am happy. Happy I am using and happy to be needing to buy. Just plain happy to be playing with fabric again really.. what a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge