Monday, July 05, 2010

Design Wall Monday?

I notice that a lot of quilting bloggers show off their design walls, I don’t and I can’t for a few reasons.

First I do not have one, I never really have. My design wall is my bed, but since we sleep in it nightly things never stay on there very long. When I sew upstairs I don’t have any space for a design wall and I do end up running back and forth between the two rooms, good exercise. It was fun on Saturday to lay out the blocks for the November mystery on my bed and then walk right next door to the temporary sewing room/office and put them together.

Second, most of my quilts are samples for classes I plan to share as mysteries for the Mysteries For Relay group and if I show them on my design wall they wouldn’t be much of a mystery now would they? I guess everyone will just have to take my word for it that I am sewing again. I will prove it when I show off my completed mysteries.

IF I had a design wall there would be two things on it right now. First is my completed November mystery top, waiting borders, which I hope to do today. Second is a collection of Aunt Grace scraps I am auditioning for the Summer Mystery which starts soon. I’m using all AGs and w-o-ws so it will be totally scrappy, I can’t wait to get started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge