Thursday, July 01, 2010

Finishes, sort of

While I haven’t been sewing, I have gotten a lot done recently. Two days ago I mailed three quilts to a charity I have taken up with, one was a UFO which will be finished by someone else, but that gets it off my UFO list. Today I mailed a few more quilts to a friend to finish and deliver to Children’s Hospital for me. It feels great to be finishing something, even if I did cheat to do it. And it feels wonderful to be giving quilts away to be used and loved.

I also mailed a surprise box of fabrics to a lucky donor. I put all of the names of every single donor I had between September 1, 2009 and yesterday, and had ramdom.org pick a number and mailed that person a medium priority box of fabrics. Hopefully she will be pleasantly surprised when the box arrives. It’s just my way of saying thank you, and getting rid of some of that stash of mine…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge