Thursday, July 08, 2010

Yesterday I cut,

Yesterday I cut, and cut and cut some more. I’m now working on three quilts at the same time; I have a lot of catching up to do!

When I finished the November mystery top I realized I still hadn’t finished last year’s November project, although I started it long before the retreat. I started sewing in April 2009 to be exact and it’s still in pieces, I still have blocks to put together. The pieces have been sitting on my downstairs sewing station since we set it up back in February So I plan to work on that while I work on the Summer Mystery project, which still needs more cut….

And while I was cutting that out, I also cut out for the Super Duper Easy, another design I presented while I wasn’t sewing. Both use 2 1/2 inch squares, so why not do them at the same time. And since I was cutting, why not just cut enough for a larger quilt… since I am doing 6 inch blocks 16 will only get me a 24 inch quilt, and I wasn’t going for a wall hanging… so I need to cut more. And since I am cutting I think I will go larger on the Super Duper Easy too…

My block pile is a little confusing, piles of 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 Aunt Grace rectangles, piles of 2 1/2 inch Aunt Grace Square, a collection of a Quarter of a Court House finished squares, and a larger pile of unfinished Quarter of a Court House finished squares… fortunately the Quarter of a Court House is not Aunt Grace, so I won’t get those confused with the other two projects… hope I have enough bobbins wound!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge