Yesterday I cut, and cut and cut some more. I’m now working on three quilts at the same time; I have a lot of catching up to do!
When I finished the November mystery top I realized I still hadn’t finished last year’s November project, although I started it long before the retreat. I started sewing in April 2009 to be exact and it’s still in pieces, I still have blocks to put together. The pieces have been sitting on my downstairs sewing station since we set it up back in February So I plan to work on that while I work on the Summer Mystery project, which still needs more cut….
And while I was cutting that out, I also cut out for the Super Duper Easy, another design I presented while I wasn’t sewing. Both use 2 1/2 inch squares, so why not do them at the same time. And since I was cutting, why not just cut enough for a larger quilt… since I am doing 6 inch blocks 16 will only get me a 24 inch quilt, and I wasn’t going for a wall hanging… so I need to cut more. And since I am cutting I think I will go larger on the Super Duper Easy too…
My block pile is a little confusing, piles of 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 Aunt Grace rectangles, piles of 2 1/2 inch Aunt Grace Square, a collection of a Quarter of a Court House finished squares, and a larger pile of unfinished Quarter of a Court House finished squares… fortunately the Quarter of a Court House is not Aunt Grace, so I won’t get those confused with the other two projects… hope I have enough bobbins wound!