Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hazards of sewing when sleep deprived

I decided to check my pattern directions just to make sure I am sewing correctly, and that the directions are clear. I looked at my directions, then looked at my blocks. Looked at the directions, looked at the blocks. Something wasn’t right, but in my sleep deprived state, I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Perhaps it was my imagination?

I went back to sewing…. but I knew there was something wrong and I had to figure out what it was. Then I came to a rectangle.. it was backwards. Hold on… wait… it was NOT backwards, the rest of them are.

But wait, the blocks are coming out ok, how can they be backwards? So here I sit at the computer with a pile of finished blocks and a pile of parts and the pattern open… sure enough, I sewed the majority of the pieces bass-ackwards. BUT, know what, it really doesn’t matter.

Well it does and it doesn’t.

I designed this pattern to use up pieces from another quilt which I put together wrong. Then I went ahead and sewed the majority of this quilt right, for the OTHER quilt. But when the pieces are sewn together the blocks are close enough that only I and anyone who reads this will know I screwed up.

Maybe I shouldn’t post this?

1 comment:

  1. Marge, I was thinking of you about 1:15 this morning when I couldn't sleep, and wondering if you were!
    My sympathy about the sleep deprived sewing. I did some of that myself yesterday and made a real dog's dinner of a quilt along block. It was so bad I'm actually too embarrassed to put the photo on my blog, and generally I stick up all my goofs to inspire others!!
    Sure hope you have a better night tonight, you surely deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge