Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hazards of sewing when sleep deprived

I decided to check my pattern directions just to make sure I am sewing correctly, and that the directions are clear. I looked at my directions, then looked at my blocks. Looked at the directions, looked at the blocks. Something wasn’t right, but in my sleep deprived state, I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Perhaps it was my imagination?

I went back to sewing…. but I knew there was something wrong and I had to figure out what it was. Then I came to a rectangle.. it was backwards. Hold on… wait… it was NOT backwards, the rest of them are.

But wait, the blocks are coming out ok, how can they be backwards? So here I sit at the computer with a pile of finished blocks and a pile of parts and the pattern open… sure enough, I sewed the majority of the pieces bass-ackwards. BUT, know what, it really doesn’t matter.

Well it does and it doesn’t.

I designed this pattern to use up pieces from another quilt which I put together wrong. Then I went ahead and sewed the majority of this quilt right, for the OTHER quilt. But when the pieces are sewn together the blocks are close enough that only I and anyone who reads this will know I screwed up.

Maybe I shouldn’t post this?

1 comment:

  1. Marge, I was thinking of you about 1:15 this morning when I couldn't sleep, and wondering if you were!
    My sympathy about the sleep deprived sewing. I did some of that myself yesterday and made a real dog's dinner of a quilt along block. It was so bad I'm actually too embarrassed to put the photo on my blog, and generally I stick up all my goofs to inspire others!!
    Sure hope you have a better night tonight, you surely deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge