Saturday, July 03, 2010

Sewing tired.. here’s what happened

One of my readers asked what happened in reply to yesterday's post

I cut out all the background pieces and was cutting the focus fabric and wearing my already tired self out doing it. Once I changed the blade it took no strength at all to cut layers of fabrics. (Thinking I most likely did not change the blades as I normally do after the November Retreat)

I sewed all of the main blocks and they looked lovely. I sewed the second blocks and they were equally as lovely. I sewed the third and fourth blocks and they were also lovely. Then I pressed and as I transitioned from a #3 block to a #2 block I noticed they were not quite the same size… not good.

I made my tired self take a good look at all the blocks and noticed the seam allowance was a little big. I measured, yes, just a tad larger than normal which is ok when all the blocks are the same. But because #3 and #4 blocks have more seams in them, that made them slightly smaller.

So Jack the Ripper helped me undo all of the #3 and #4 blocks and I carefully, measuring first, redid them all so they match the #1 and #2 blocks. Now I can put together the quilt.

No photos, this is a mystery after all. But I can tell you that I really like this project and I sure hope the ladies on the Mystery group and at the November Retreat will also. I might just make a second one before then…. I like it that much!


PS, I went to bed at 10 last night and slept until 8:30 this morning, a successful nights sleep with no medication at all. Progress I hope… fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are once again moderated so that no one has to see the spam that some robot keeps trying to post. Your comments ARE important to me, and I will approve them as long as they aren’t smutty or trying to sell something. And if your ID is not accepted, send me an email, my address is on the sidebar.
Thanks for understanding
Marge