Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No sewing day

A no nothing day really, since I’ve had the shakes since I woke up and still do. I attempted to sew but decided not to when the first piece I sew required re-doing and Jack the Ripper didn’t work well in shake mode.

Oh I did some laundry, so something useful got done. I finished a book I was reading, despite the shaky book.

And that shaky book lead me to do something I thought I would never do… I downloaded a free reader program to read books on my lap top. I’m one of those old fashioned people who likes reading a real book, turning pages one at a time. I’ve tried ebooks before, but missed the page turning. However with the shakes, the book shakes and that makes reading a little difficult. Do I added a reader program, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/download-reader.asp?dltab=pc and downloaded a few free ebooks. Now when I get the shakes I can sit the “book” on my desk and it won’t jiggle as much and maybe I can read it easier.

I’ll let you know how it goes when I start using it. First book I downloaded was The Life & Times of a Boomer Baby which was actually recommended by a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated because of spam.
Thanks for understanding,
Marge